A/ In this assignment your group will decide upon ONE of four of the robot designs shown. Divide up the assignments amongst your group members. (building, programing, etc)
B/ Partner (s) select the building insturctions and start assembling your robot. You will have everything in your kit provided you did not lose pieces and carefully handled pieces in your kit you were assigned.
C/ Partner (s) select the programming directions and start programming the robot. Regularly save your program as you work through the programming blocks for your robot.
A/ Add a new page to your Robotics Website called " NAME of the ROBOT CHOICE" - example - Colour sorter, etc
B/ Insert a textbox called "VIDEO" onto your webpage you created above.
C/ Please take a video with the Ipad of your robot performing it's task and upload that to your robotics 8 folder in DRIVE. Remember to share the video with students in your group. Use the How to Videos Link to help you with moving files from the Ipad to the Laptop.
D/ Insert the video from your Robotics 8 folder onto your webpage you created above. Use the How to Videos Link to help you with inserting the video from Drive to your webpage.
E/ Do a screen recording with NIMBUS screen shot explaining the EV3 programming for your robot. Save the program as the name of your choice robot. Use the NIMBUS How to Videos LInk to help you with using Nimbus screen recorder.
F/ Save the screen recording onto your laptop. Use the NIMBUS How to Videos LInk to help you with saving the screen recording.
G/ Upload the screen recording from your laptop to your robotics 8 folder in DRIVE. Remember to share the screen recording with students in your group. Use the NIMBUS How to Videos LInk to help you with moving the screen recording from your laptop to your Robotic 8 folder in DRIVE.
H/ Insert the screen recording of the program onto the webpage you created above. Use the NIMBUS How to Videos LInk to help you insert the screen recording onto your webpage you created above.
You will be assessed on the following for this assignment:
1/ Robot Construction - followed directions/ complete/ correct pieces
2/ Programming works
3/ Robot Functions correctly
4/ Webpage correctly designed and has required content from assignment uploaded to the webpage.
- programming languages using modular components
- movement- and sensor-based responses
- program flow
- identification and applications of components
- Choose a design opportunity
- Make changes, troubleshoot, and test again
- Identify and use appropriate materials for production
- share through personal websites and demonstrate their product using appropriate terminology
- Reflect on their design thinking and processes, and evaluate their ability to work effectively both as individuals and collaboratively in a group, including their ability to share and maintain an efficient co-operative work space